Thursday 1 April 2010

Happy Easter - Spring is here!!

Well, for today at least!! lol The sun is shining, the washing is hung outside, backdoor is open and i can hear the boys all playing in the back garden - i love this time of year! :D

I thought today i would show a few little snippits of the signs of Spring in our home right now :) Im a sucker for faffy little bits and sincerely wish there were more months of the year with special days in them just so i could decorate the house with pretty things!! LOL ;)

Ive wanted to have a little Easter tree FOREVER!! I saw this little heart and twig branch in Durham the other day and knew i had to have it, the little eggs were 99p for a box of 9 from The Works.
Ive been looking for a way to save some space what with all the cakestands i keep getting and this seems the perfect solution so far - plus it makes at least one corner of my kitchen look pretty!! LOL
TK Maxx strikes again, why do they always put the cutest things at the front near the checkouts! lol Nope i wont let the kids open them, these look far too pretty to be eaten!! lol
Quite bizarre but these little tin buckets were 2 for £1 at Home Bargains and i knew i couldnt just walk past so i got them and fill with my washing capsules! LOL As i said, bizarre but pretty!! LOL
This birdhouse is around 2 and a half ft tall and is begging to be painted white and shabbied up. Its from TK Maxx (so is the little pink birdie tea light holder in the bottom).
Ooh and this is what im working on this morning - im almost finished my cousins invitations to her wedding in August - just the little butterflies to add and then the night time ones can be posted :)
What are you working on today??

Remember to check back tomorrow for not one but TWO blog hops!! :D :D

18 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie
    Your Easter things look lovely - especially the birdhouse! I too, like you - love to decorate on special occasions and my house is looking Spring like too!
    Wishing you and your family a lovely Easter weekend with lots of goodies! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bird house is really cute.
    Happy Easter..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your Easter bits look wonderful...especially your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty Easter post...have a lovely weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks so pretty. I am aiming to introduce some pretty things slowly so that dh doesn't notice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Easter Tree, my four yr old has been begging me to make one as his nursery has one, just havent been able to get any where that have the eggs that i could use :( your invites for your cousins wedding look fab. My wedding colours were blue, silver and white and theme butterflys and i made all my own wedding invites to which was fun. My boys had a fab time useing my bigshot to help me make them. :) looking forward to the blog hops im loveing them :)

    Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with the cake stands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely pics there - thanks for sharing - Happy Easter x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous eggs on your tree! They look soooooo familiar, oh yes, we have the same hee hee. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Debbie,
    What a cute little Easter tree and I love all the little signs of Eater around your house. I agree, wouldnt it be wonderful if there were more special holidays that we could decorate for]
    Harry and I are putting up are Easter tree this afternoon [will post a pick later] - then I've got a mini book for finish for a birthday gift at the end of April - ooh and it's my little doggys birthday so I might make a cake - [for me of course] but put a candle on for him - Take Care ju xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore your little Easter tree Debbie. Your invites look great too.
    Have a great weekend,
    Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your altered art and those pretty invitations!! :) Have a great weekend and Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Debbie,
    Wow, that Easter tree is adorable! And I love the birdhouse - it'll look so fab all white & shabbied! Fantastic wedding invites too.. so much yumminess!

    Have a lovely Easter Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love decorating our home for the seasons, and my Easter Tree comes out every year and just really makes me smile, no matter if it is horrible outside. I love what you've done with your cake stands, they look so fab and as for those sweet jars, I see a little shopping trip in my future :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is so very pretty and very YOU Debbie! You must have the best TXMaxx in the country! And I feel the need to pop into the local Home Bargains right now! See you later :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love all your easter makes
    chrissyx

    ReplyDelete
  18. The tree is so pretty Debbie and I love the birdhouse too. Aren't those invitations lovely - simple but so elegant - bet your cousin loves them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x