Tuesday 20 August 2013

Cakey update!

I have a fair coming up at the weekend where im selling cupcakes and displaying some of the larger cakes!  So exciting but nerve racking too! 
I recently made this cake for my cousins little one - Alexander - who turned a year old and is obsessed with Hungry Henry. 

Henry is made from Fimo so able to be kept as a reminder too!  The cake was neapolitan inside - chocolate, vanilla and cherry and very yummy if i do say so myself! lol

This was my very first attempt at a shoe cake and i am really pleased with how it turned out.  The whole vanilla and strawberry jam sponge cake is edible - no dowels or anything. 

Edible glue to hold it all together and a little bit of luck meant it turned out just as i pictured.  I really hope the young girl turning 13 likes it - her mum loves it and said she wont want to cut it which makes me smile! :)  

(forgot to take a pic until we were in the car on teh way to drop it off!)

TTFN
Debbie
x

4 comments:

  1. Oh WOW!!!! what a piece of art. Just love how it turned out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are amazingly clever - that Converse cake has left me speechless - it's SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are amazingly clever - that Converse cake has left me speechless - it's SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Converse cake is amazing! Looks so real!

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x