Monday 9 June 2014

A Different Kind of Blog Hop!

The lovely Karen from Dolly's Dreamings tagged me in a different kind of blog hop.  Karen is better known in the scrapbook world as Scrapdolly - the fabulous scrapbooker and crafter with the CFH - Cats From Hell!  Please check out her blog because if you didnt know her before now you will be so glad you do now!

This blog hop is not the kind where we all post at the same time, its spread out week by week and grows as each person tagged then tags more bloggers!

We all answer the same questions and give a little insight into what we are up to etc so its a fabulous way to find out a little more about not only your favourite bloggers but lots who you maybe didnt know - go add some new inspiration to your blog lists too - i know my list is HUGE! :)

What am I working on?


Right now im working on cookbook number 2, crocheting a blanket, making dresses etc for Evie, trying to get back into the swing of making jewellery again and also working on 2 mini albums for Amelia - one documenting her first month and another which will have weekly photos in for her first year.  Nothing fancy, no layout style pages, just pictures, a couple of words and a date stamp.


How does my work differ from others of its genre?


Hmmm...not sure it does really.  I do what makes me happy so if that means not always following the sheep when it comes to colour/fashion favourites etc then thats ok...I still love shabby chic and vintage and was doing bunting etc well before it was 'cool' so as long as what im making makes me smile then i dont care if its similar or different, stands out or blends in to the rest of the genre.

Why do I write/create what I do?

6 children! Not only preserving memories for them but writing things down as im hitting the big 40 this year and to be honest my memory just aint what it use to be (thats my excuse and im sticking to it)!! lol

I feel the need to create and make something every day - the kids are the same, whether it be colouring in or making paper aeroplanes, making our own playdough or baking a cake....I think if i wasnt doing 'something' then i would go stir crazy!

How does your writing/creative process work?

Generally I just know i have to make 'something', that will end up with me getting out the flour, sugar etc and baking a cake or pulling out some card and doodling for a while to get something out of my head and down on paper.  I love drawing what i want to create and making lists of things to do (whether i actually get round to them all is another matter!)

I will start with the drawings and go from there, sometimes they end up looking nothing like what i initially thought

I hope you have enjoyed reading a little more about how and why I do what I do and why I love what I do....I am tagging the following bloggers to pass on my part of the blog hop...


Amber Harrop-Johnson - Snapshots and Snippets

lastly i would like to tag YOU!  Who ever you are, I want to know about YOU!  Youre reading my blog because something brought you here, whether it be a link from Dollys blog or whether you are a long time follower - I would love to find out more about why you create what you create and do what you do :)  Please indulge me and please link me to your blog in the comments below!

Thank you so much for getting this far!
TTFN
Debbie
x

3 comments:

  1. Debbie you are such an inspiration in everything you do for your wonderful crafty creations to the creation of a beautiful family filled with love.
    I love visiting you blog for all sorts of reasons and count myself blessed to call you a friend

    I hope loads more people discover your wonderful cyber home xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family you have- they should be proud to have you as a wife and Mum! don't over do it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun interview. Great to catch up with you and read the latest news. Thanks for linking up to me. I´ll hop next Monday June 16th. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x