Tuesday 5 August 2014

Uniform Shopping...

Today Evie and I got to spend the day in Newcastle with my Mum in Law (Sue) to get Evies school uniform ready for September.

I know - shes too little to be going to school, shes still my little baby girl :(

We got off the train and i took advantage of it being her first time on a train to nab a quick piccie!  Can you tell there was a mirror behind me! haha



This is the bustle shirt I made (I had the perfect little red flower buttons to add to the back!) and she kept getting stopped by old ladies saying how girly and beautiful she looked.  Little girls also kept gazing at her and were heard saying 'mummy I love her dress' - Evie said she felt like a princess!  Im quite proud of my sewing efforts here! :)



We then headed up Grainger street and forgot there was a Forbidden Planet there!  Evie got a Enderman (Minecraft) and carried it round for the rest of the day!



Nana Sue bought her Clarks shoes (flashing ones which she loves!) so she got to have her feet measured and got to walk around in shoes until she found the perfect ones.



We managed to find her a pinafore with little embroidered flowers and a flower tag on the zip and some white polo shirts that had little scallop collars and sleeves - I swear she was so uninterested in uniform shopping as the colours were grey/black! lol  Ive never seen a kid so picky over things that looked similar but at least we managed to find some things that were a little more floral(ish) and girly!   (Not sure how the PE dept are going to react to her Cath Kidston Trainers though! haha

We had a fabulous day out and thoroughly enjoyed our girly day out, just the 3 of us!  


 We were treat to a delicious lunch in John Lewis, spent time looking around the shops before headed back on the train and Evie was completely worn out! 

  

 If you are reading this Nana Sue - Thank you so much from both of us!

TTFN
Debbie and Evie
x

6 comments:

  1. A a little girl from my own heart! I would have rather worn pretty clothes for school and not the plain uniforn, so good on Evie wearing Cath Kidston trainers. I love her pretty dress, is there a pattern?
    Julie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie :) Yes hun its an Amelie & Henri pattern https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/amelieandhenri?ref=shop_sugg I love all their patterns lol
      Hugs
      Debbie
      x

      Delete
    2. Thank you - been to have a look shall be ordering tomorrow for grand-daughters
      Julie xxxxxxx

      Delete
  2. Wow another fab top! My little boy starts school in September too. I`m looking forward to getting all his school bits but feel very emotional about it too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto hun even the thought of sending her out for full days at school brings me out in a sweat!

      Delete
    2. Your sewing is amazing! I love all the Amelie and Henri patterns. Really wish I could make stuff that is as lovely as yours. Its going to take me a lot of practice...
      I don`t know how you manage to do everything, you must be Superwoman lol!
      Dx

      Delete

Hi
Many thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to comment. It is much appreciated :) If you would prefer to email me direct please contact me on debbie@aeroprinting.co.uk
Many thanks
Debbie
x